The Yellowstone Historic Preservation Board invites you to explore the history and architecture of Yellowstone County by starting right here!
- Learn about our exciting projects and programs to involve the community in historic preservation.
- Discover how Billings grew from a fledgling railroad town and irrigated farming community into the largest city on the Northern Plains.
- Download our downtown Billings walking tour App.
- Visit some of the oldest remaining buildings in downtown Billings and Laurel that shaped the history of these two cities.
- View a slideshow of architectural styles of Billings’ South Side, some of the city’s oldest neighborhoods.
- See how the streetscapes of downtown Billings have changed over the decades.
- Explore the historic buildings of the outlying towns and farms of Yellowstone County.
- Experience the character and beauty of historic buildings and districts in Yellowstone County that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Tour our web gallery of contemporary and historical photographs.
We invite you to visit this site often as we build onto this historic resource framework